Tuesday, June 28, 2005

It is a melancholy truth that even great men have their poor relations. Dickens.

Hello... I am back. What a conicidence. That's exactly the subject line of the mail from Tua this received seconds later. This coincidence thing is absolutely groovy!!! Don't be misled. Today's post has little to do with greatness and absolutely nothing with relations. Probably just poor relations at work- which probably explains the dry day.

Offensive language ahead. Reader discretion recommended.

Monsoon has Bombay by its balls now. Quite literally. Garments take forever to dry, undergarments more so. Hence. Bad one. I admit. Am not an umbrella person at all. Actually, hardly use one. When asked often don't give a reason. But the true reason, is well this- What's the down side of not carrying an umbrella? Probably you'll get wet. And then thats not too bad actually. Or you'll have to step into some sort of a covered area and will be late. Don't really bother too much about being late for anything at all. Why hurry, I am supposed to be working in any case, right? Compare all of this against the stress of having to remember to carry it all the time and pick it up from whereever you are when moving.


Am trying to plan my holiday for the year. Cannot seem to decide what to do. Options are- and they're not pulled out of thin air. A week off in Paris (damages around 100k). Not do anything in particular. Sit around, eat and drink. Monmarte etc. Just chill in late Parisian autumn. Sounds awesome. Affordable if stretched. Cons- well. The prospect of spending another week in Paris, alone, can throw its own set of complication. Last time, I was younger, hopeful and better looking. This time around ageing, absolutely single and well... bored.

The other alternative was suggested by Shweta. Her in laws are in Bhutan and she suggests that I go spend my holidays there. Which is exactly what she did. September apparently is an awesome time of the year to visit.They stay in the middle of some forest outside Thimpu where her pop-in-law is making a dam. It is a beautiful place - I have seen the snaps. Absolute wilderness and classic lower Himalayan beauty. And once you are out of the construction area and in the wilderness, there is absolutely nothing and no one. Now that's something that straight up my alley. Damages- not entirely accounted for. Could be around 70k. Acco, alcohol, nourishments and conveyance taken care of. It sounds very promising and is comepletely my kind of getaway. Am really very tempted about this one. And here I want to go absolutely on my own.

Other plans lay by the wayside. Was planning a week in Shantiniketan. Khuku Pishi has a house there and said I could use it. Ma's there for a week right now. And tells me that I'd love the place. Huge place with ponds and all that. Two rooms full of books. Right now frogs croak by the night. But some how I feel that 3 trips to Cal and nearby in a year would be too much.I am there this weekend as well. And it really is too close to city life. So I decided against it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blue Athena said...

hmmm...Paris any day. :) *sigh*
Need that sugga daddy soooooon! lol!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you been to shantiniketan before? my wife and i want to spend a week there. stumbled across your blog while checking whether anyone had an opinion on the place...would a week in january there be too much for a couple that likes to loll and read?

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home