Thursday, July 07, 2005

If missing me is hard to do...you should try missing you.
~ Who else.
A decent day at work. A very good week till date. I realized that I have grown so superstitious, that I take time out to decide which shirts not to wear to work and which train to take. on the way back- usually by road, which route to go by. I guess this business is so much about luck that at some point of time, one does turn superstitious. There is this really cool shirt I have that I haven't worn in the last two months because the last time I did wear it to work, I had this terrible terrible day. Got mothered.
Returned from Cal on Monday and frankly I am nauseated by the "You'll be next" line. Maa can't seem to talk about anything else. Which is why, I spent most of the time away from home, at Some Place Else. Monsoon is quite a menace in Cal. Its boring and frustrating. I like the rains here better. Much better. Actually, I think making it to Cal itself was a master stroke that I can never hope to repeat. Had been out drinking the night before, and in order to impress someone, I gulped two dozen pegs of bacardi in a space of 5 mins. And then went for a party. Woke up at 6.15 for a 6.50 AM flight. Fortunately I had gone off to sleep with my clothes and shoes on. Went to Cal in them. No luggage. The lady at the check-in tells me that the gates closed. There must've been something in my eyes or was it just..., well she let me in. I had to had to go, but the prospect of spending 12k for a full fare flight was too depressing. all through the flight I kept chewing Mentos, to supress the stink of alchol. But that doesn't quite work,does it? Mom kept wrinkling her little nose and Dad had this very "I don't approve this at all look" while I went about telling others of my serendipitous escape.
Angie surprises me often. And very often she surprises me a lot. Like the third time she told me that she had dreamt of me, I had to tell her to stop telling me about it. What to do. There are some things in life that you don't want, right? Some things are left just the way they are. I often say that I can predict women quite well. I am not as convinced anymore. So have changed my stance to one in which I know women at large quite well- but specific women - well that's still a mystery.
I am off for the day. Today I am quite drained. The blasts in London and the choppy markets thereafter, have left me completely drained. Just one more day left in the week, and I think it will be a perfect end. Oops... too early to say such a thing in my line of work.
Abbey's book comes out next week. Quite looking forward to it. Actually haven't read a good book in days. Hope this one is good. There is too much expectation around it. I think after reading this every one would want to go to XL. If people knew what they missed out on... But I guess any parent reading it, might have second thoughts about sending their kids there. I guess every one has good memories of their day's in B-School, but I somehow believe that XLers, more so. I mean I have such varied experiences, and so rich. Like someone was saying the other day- it is not about getting through it, its about being there. Its not about grades, its about the experience. And what an experience. Growing up over two years, as if the last twenty were worth nothing at all. And in my case the last twenty were worth quite a lot in isolation.
Chalo... too late in the evening to sit around and ramble. Got to go home. Actually have to that one pager, but I keep telling mself- I need to do it with a fresh mind.

"Love... is the rug they pull out from under you. Love is Lucy always lifting the football at the last second so that Charlie Brown falls on his ass. Love is something that everytime you believe in it, it goes away. Love is for suckers, and I'm not going to be a sucker ever again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home